6/26/2021

Goethe in Train | Goethe im Zug | Train Ride Duet | 3 versions of 1 video by Ebba Jahn

Three versions I made of this found footage one-take shot during lockdown time and titled it Train Ride Duet. Since I appreciate Paul Hubweber's music I asked him for a soundtrack and voila, we had a music video.

Later I heard about a Goethe poetry video call in Thüringen. I picked J.W. Goethe's 12 liner poem Sei im Leben wie im Wissen and titled the film Goethe im Zug.
For international screenings I translated it and placed each English line under the German line, so both languages can be read while listening to the music and looking out of the train window on to the sea.
I like the idea of reading Goethe in a train with a beautifully swinging jazzy duo playing a composition by Stevie Winwood.
So now it's a one-take video, a music video, a train-movie and a poetry video all in one....
 
It will have its premiere at Lacuna Festivals for Contemporary Art_Distance 2021. The film festival premiere will take place at SeeMor Film Festival on Anglesey UK.


 
 2. July - 1. August 2021
   This music and more tracks are available on a cd Album here >> in my discogs store.